End of Lockdown

Chloe

Well, I know we're all scattered over the world but I'd say for most of us we're seeing the end of Lockdown and the return to normality. Hopefully this is the return to the way things were and everyone can begin to move forward.

How did everyone find Lockdown? I'll be honest I wasn't horribly affected by it - I work from home and don't really drink very often or go out, I'm happy to stay home and watch Netflix most nights 😅 I've also had my first vaccine dose now. The only way it really affected me was in how much I was able to see Will. Before Christmas we were able to fly back and forth in the odd weeks where restrictions were loosened, but since January I've only been able to see him twice for a week, which is infuriating when he's only 2 hours away!

As we get to the end of Lockdown, is everyone comfortable with their gambling? I know a lot of people seemed to gamble more frequently, or potentially higher amounts during Lockdown. Truthfully, as long as you stay within your overall spending limits, I think it's up to us to decide where we're comfortable. None of us were able to pay to go out for meals, nights outs, holidays etc, so if you felt yourself spending that little bit extra gambling, as long as you had enjoyment in the midst of what was a very hard time, and didn't suffer, then I think that's fine.

Be mindful now that Lockdown is ending though that we probably will all start spending more money in other areas of life again, so it's important not to pass those spending limits, and it's important not to pass up opportunities to see friends or family just to stay in and gamble that money - balance is important.

If you feel that you have lost control during Lockdown, you worry how you'll manage moving forward, or you feel that you need someone to speak to you can visit BeGambleAware, check out GAMSTOP if you're in the UK, or you can message @Hideous or @2Jags or myself.

Hope everyone has been ok over the past year, I know it's still not fully over but as I said, I think we are all starting to see the road to normality ahead and hopefully it won't be too much longer.

• Love 5

Thanks Chloe lets hope the end of this virus is close and some normality can return to our lives ,Lockdown has been a sad time for me lost my ex sis in law only 50 years old , I ve had both my vaccines now,and my latest health issue may have been caused by the vaccine no one knows yet but maybe i can get to see a doctor soon , and as for my Lockdown weight well ive added  1 and half  stone since May 2020 because of eating too much and lack of exercise,Like many others  my  holiday i booked for April 2020 was cancelled 3 times  has now been moved to Sept 2021 maybe get away this time ,  as for Gambling i havn't gambled as much as i have done this past year online but i have to say i'm in profit with some decent hits,but its not like that for all gamblers,as the saying goes When the Fun stops ,Stop, Lets Hope we can all get back to normality real soon, Will and his fellow  streamers  have been a godsend to a lot of people ,so let me take this opportunity to thank Will and 2 Jags for the FREE entertainment they have given to myself and many others ,well done guys, and they have built a great little community in there streams as well which has helped  a lot of people during Lockdown

Edited by Charlieace
  • Love 1

Like everyone lockdown has been hard. Over the last year I lost both My partner and my mum to lung cancer, both were shielding and weren't diagnosed until it was too late. Its been a sad time, and as i have said on the forum before Will and 2Jags were very generous. 

From a work point of view nothing really changed for me as I have been working from home for a few years, although it was odd that we couldn't meet up with my team at all for nearly a year. The big thing for me is that I have decided now is the time to retire as I am nearly 60, I am very lucky.

I have found that I have gambled more than I used to, not massive amounts, and certainly nothing that I couldn't afford, but i will now rein it in a little bit, the devil makes work for idle hands.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Batters61 said:

Like everyone lockdown has been hard. Over the last year I lost both My partner and my mum to lung cancer, both were shielding and weren't diagnosed until it was too late. Its been a sad time, and as i have said on the forum before Will and 2Jags were very generous. 

From a work point of view nothing really changed for me as I have been working from home for a few years, although it was odd that we couldn't meet up with my team at all for nearly a year. The big thing for me is that I have decided now is the time to retire as I am nearly 60, I am very lucky.

I have found that I have gambled more than I used to, not massive amounts, and certainly nothing that I couldn't afford, but i will now rein it in a little bit, the devil makes work for idle hands.

Sorry to hear that batters ,always think of the good times you had with both of them and Wills chat community are always here to help in anyway